Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Leader in firewall product

From: miko () client-server co at
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:05:41 +0200

We can recommand:

Sidewinder  (www.securecomputing.com) Application-Level Gateway BSD-based,
running on most strong Intel Hardware, no limit of NIC´s, good VPN, very flexible for
bigger solutions

BorderWare (www.borderware.com) Application Level Gateway, running on every Intel-
PC, supporting three LAN´s, included Servers are: FTP, DNS, WWW, MAIL-Server
very secure (no hacked in several years) and absolutely simple to support but not very
flexible - excellent for medium solutions from 50 to 500 Users

Watchguard (www.watchguard.com) Type: IP-filter, HW-Appliance ready to go (in red
color) with direct-support - very cheap, for small solutions

Netscreen (www.netscreen.com) IP-filter, HW-Appliance (very fast!!!, software is
running on asics only), direct support and Reseller-Support - all kinds of solutions

Elron (www.elronsw.com) - we haven´t own experiance but heard very fine things about

Greetings