Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: VPN Devices

From: acs <springer_0 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:49:32 -0700 (PDT)

Yes,

They are decent.  Up until recently they were one of
the best options.  IPsec, L2TP etc.  Easy to manage
gui.  Some theoretical redundancy, pretty scalable.
Limited command line, costly, no unix clients.

I would recommend that you look at netscreen.  Command
line, gui and enterprise management.  They are fast
and are good as packet filters with VPN.  They also
work in layer 2 mode.  I have only used them as PFs
though.

If you need a VPN that can get out from behind NAT and
firewalls look at infoexpress.  You can get it out
through proxies and NAT, it has solaris and linux
clients.  Server runs on a SUN machine.  Clients are
costly though.

acs

--- Randy Garbrick <randy.garbrick () gettyimages com>
wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with Nortel
Contivity VPN devices?  I am looking for real life
information on throughput, ease of use, security,
reliability, redundancy and scalability.

Randy Garbrick
Senior Internetworking Engineer
Getty Images

ATTACHMENT part 2 application/octet-stream
name=Randy Garbrick (E-mail).vcf