Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Linux Firewall

From: Yang Lee <ylee () net50 com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:44:37 -0400 (EDT)

I'm running ipchains in linux 6.2 as my home lan firewall and gateway. It
is set up with 3 interface: external, dmz, internal. The firewall is doing
masquerading for my dmz and internal. It also does port forwarding for my
servers in dmz and internal. The following site is very helpful to me
building up my firewall

http://www.linux-firewall-tools.com/linux/firewall/index.html

You probably can try iptable in linux 7 which is a improvement from
ipchains. Good luck

i got a linux box i would like to turn into a firewall for home... i
have  it set up right now with 2 nics and just using simple
maquerading. I would  like to go to the next step in complexity... I
was looking around  sourceforge and freshmeat and saw a mind boggling
number of programs.. I am  new to firewalls, but experienced in Linux /
AIX / HPUX. Any input would be  appretiated and welcomed..

Adam Graham