Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Next Generation Security Architecture

From: David Lang <dlang () diginsite com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:25:37 -0800 (PST)

Even though there is a definante need for improved security in the
protocols that we use I still think there will always be a need for a
perimiter firewall as well.

The reason for this is that there will always be someone writing stuff
that's not secure 'for local use only' and it will need to be isolated
from the outside world.

in other words firewalls will be supplemented (and in time may shift from
the primary to the supporting role) but will not be eliminated.

David Lang