Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Secure Reverse proxy

From: Satish Kashyap <satish.kashyap () dreo dnd ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:26:25 -0500

Hi,

I'm using Netscape Proxy server 3.5 on NT.  I need this type of setup:

browser <--(https)-->  reverse proxy  <---(https) ---> web server
(iplanet web server 4.1)

I have http working fine but when I try to get a secure connection all
the way through it doesn't work and says my proxy server is temporarily
unavailable.  Is it possible to do this?  I read about ssl tunneling but
not sure how to implement it. It said I need to add a web server
certificate on my proxy server and a CA certificate on my web server and
it still doesn't work.  In the "routing" tab I have "https" as the
regular expression. Am I supposed to do any other manual configurations?

Do you know of any docs I can read ?

I would very much appreciate your help because I've been trying to solve
for a couple weeks now...

thanks,