Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: need advice on a NAT issue.

From: <hesselsp () ashaman dhs org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:58:09 -0500 (EST)

Thankyou for your email.

I beleive I do need state sharing, otherwise when one of the routers dies
all the active sessions are lost.

A simple router won't do NAT for those weird protocols, such as
NetMeeting(which places the src ip inside the data portion of the
packet).  Unless I am wrong, and the routers do support those protocols.

The only thing that checkpoint would get me is support for weird
protocols.  The only thing that stonebeat would get me is the state
sharing...

What do you think?
--Paul