Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

IP-VPN/VoIP

From: Irwin Lazar <ILazar () tbg com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:08:51 -0600

I'm curious to see what folks are doing to support VoIP across encrypted
IP-VPNs.  From our understanding, very few firewalls can statefully manage
the random port selection during an H.323 call setup, so the only way to
support VoIP across a firewall is to open up a range of ports.  For obvious
reasons, this isn't something I feel comfortable recommending.

Has anyone run across this issue and if so, how did you address it?

-----
Irwin Lazar - ilazar () tbg com <mailto:ilazar () tbg com>
Senior Consultant, The Burton Group
Office: 703-742-9659
Cell: 703-402-4119
http://www.tbg.com/
"The Ultimate Resource For Network Architects"