Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: recommendation

From: Shawn Zayac <shawnz () superiorenvelopes ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:52:17 -0600

The PIX is one of the boxes that I've heard supports what I want to do, but
I was wondering if there are other out there.  There will be no corporate
LAN attached to the Database server so that really isn't a issue.  I just
don't wan the database sever directly connected to the internet.  I'm not
100% sure what you mean by "application proxy" but what we are trying to do
is host the apps on the web server and have them connect to the database.
I'm not sure if a appserver solution would be preferable or not.

Shawn

I'm working on a similar project right now.  Although I'm not
crazy about
the idea of connecting the corporate network with the public
web farm, I'm
probably going to use a Cisco PIX 525 along with a written warning to
management who are pushing the Cisco's name and speed
performance down my
throat.

Are you looking for application proxying?