Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: [OT]Virus/File scanning on *nix servers

From: Justin Shore <listuser () neo pittstate edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:40:34 -0600

If your MX is a *nix box, try John Hardin's Email Sanitizer (http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html). It's "mangles" matching attachment extenstions as well as change to MIME type to that of plain text so they won't be executed. No data is lost or harmed with it but it is very effective. The mailing list is very active as well.

HTH
 Justin