Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Pix and W2K VPN

From: Christoph Puetz <puetzc () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:28:43 -0800 (PST)

Hello Wizards,

I am trying to setup a W2K VPN server have only
partially success. If I establish a static route
(inside,outside) on the Pix and open port 1723 and gre
things work just fine. Problem here: The remote
clients use routers at the home offices which only
support the basic 192.168.1.x network - unfortunately
the same class c IP range I have on my office network
and those little routers cannot change theirs. Result:
routing at the client side messed up
Any idea how to solve this?

Same scenario but I use a multihomed server for the
W2K vpn - one Nic connecting to the dmz and the other
to the inside. However - no matter what I try I am
unable to connect to the NIC on the dmz (all ports are
open both ways 47/gre and 1723). Any idea why the Pix
does not let this go thru (I tried telnet on port 1723
- no luck).

I am open for some suggestions as I do not like to
place a NIC on the outside of the firewall.

Thanks!

Christoph

PS: W2K SP2 and Pix 515R 4.4