Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: CISCO Layer 3 switch

From: "Mayers, Philip J" <p.mayers () ic ac uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:48:26 -0000

Compromise the switch itself, or through the switch?

In theory, although they lack flexibility, packet filters can be "absolute"
- as in, "absolutely not traffic to my router's vty lines except from these
IPs" - then you're only vulnerable to IP spoofing (but you're doing RP
filtering, of course...).

Regards,
Phil

| Phil Mayers                              |
| Network & Infrastructure Group           |
| Information & Communication Technologies |
| Imperial College                         |