Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: [fw-wiz] tcpdump on my firewall

From: "Skip Frizzell" <skip () blindpanic com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:11:20 -0400 (EDT)

you might want to get your ducks in a row and get clarification from your super-v. tell him to
justify his request for the program. I presume you are the firewall admin, and the fw is your
responsibility.

bottom line is this is a political problem, not a technical one. aproach it as one.

Anyone want to help me out here?

I have had a request to put tcpdump on our firewall by one of our tech guys.

I have told him that I will not do so, and he wants a good reason why.

Does anyone have a ezine article or some other reference as to why I shouldn't put it on?

--
--
Paul