Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Netscreen interface question

From: "Ofir Arkin" <ofir () sys-security com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 00:59:13 +0200

Michael,

Netscreen 5, 10, 100 all have three interfaces. With these boxes you are
limited with your options.

But, with Netscreen 500 (and 1000) you have the ability to use 802.1q
VLAN Tagging. Netscreen call this concept - Virtual Systems.

If you switches support this, than you are able to use level 2 vlans and
the firewall will support each and every vlan although connected through
one port.

You are secure as your vlan is...

Ofir Arkin [ofir () sys-security com]
Founder
The Sys-Security Group
http://www.sys-security.com
PGP CC2C BE53 12C6 C9F2 87B1 B8C6 0DFA CF2D D360 43FA