Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Firewall-1 NG

From: scouser () paradise net nz
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:52:06 +1200 (NZST)

I am currently looking to implement a new perimeter security architecture, and
am looking for comments on Checkpoints Firewall-1 NG.
I have used 4.1 in the past and not been totally happy with it from a management
perspective.

The firewalls will be primarily for corporate use (outbound traffic not customer
facing stuff). I plan to have two gepgraphically independant sites with their
own internet feeds. I have looked into the management aspects of Firewall-1 NG
but am also interested in their true security potential  (something that is
infinately harder to test properly).
I am looking at other solutions but would like to keep responses limited to this
product for the time being.

regards
James