Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: securing DB access from the DMZ

From: "Carl Friedberg" <friedberg () exs esb com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 01:02:18 -0500

Banking? This got past independent auditors??

I won't hype any products. I will say that you are 100% correct about
that second NIC; either of your 2 solutions would be better than the
current situation. If you can get management to sign off, the second
firewall will isolate your more sensitive resources.

Is there a security policy in place? If not, do that first, go to
management, have them sign off on it, then implement.

Carl

(BTW, are there multiple VLANs in the Catalyst?)