Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FW1 related...

From: Volker Tanger <volker.tanger () discon de>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:00:09 +0200

Greetings!

Dominik Miklaszewski wrote:
> Jean Caron wrote:
>  >
>  > I need to convert a FW1 ruleset to PIX. I'm looking for a way to
>  > "dump" the config. I'm not very familiar with FW1, is there an
>  > easy way to do this ?

there are scripts that let you dump all your object definition and rules into a text and quite readable format, although don't expect it magically converts these things into pix syntax :) it worked for my 4.0/4.1 stuff..

http://www.phoneboy.com/sw/

FW1Rules can dump configurations into a number of formats (TXT, HTML, CSV-files) and into user-definable templates (quite a number are already pre-defined).

Please download the current version 7.2.10 from the FW1Rules homepage at http://www.wyae.de/software/fw1rules/ as Phoneboy is a few weeks behind and only has the outdated 7.2.7 copy.

Bye

Volker Tanger
IT-Security Consulting