Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PIX vs Checkpoint vs Sonicwall vs Netscreen - comments?

From: Nimesh Vakharia <nvakhari () clio rad sunysb edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:28:14 -0400 (EDT)

Are you looking at a firewall from a Service Provider perspective for
deploying the fw's at the SOHO/home users? If tahts the case take a look
at iPolicy Networks ipEnforcer. Its a high end box that sits in the core
network and can create virtual instances of fw/ids/url filtering/avs/ddos
blocking all in one integrated platform on a per SOHO/home user basis. One
device can support upto thousands of home users for a service provider who
wants to resell this as services to their customer, it has centralized
management and the management has great hooks to manage the thousands of
users.

Nimesh.