Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Administrivia and spam rate - OFF TOPIC FOR FW.. DEAD ON FOR SECURITY

From: Bill_Royds () pch gc ca
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:14:00 -0500

Very true.
The U.S. NSA never intercepts American traffic, they let the Canadians do
that.
And the Canadian CSE never intercepts Canadian traffic, they let the NSA
do that.
Then the laws in both countries are followed to the letter, but they get
the intelligence anyway.
That was the whole reason for the NATO Echelon project.

In actual fact, neither agency monitors indiscriminately. They only
monitor traffic that has intelligence significance so they are making the
haystack a lot smaller to search through. They still need to search
through a lot of traffic to get the needle.

Bill Royds
Acting System Administrator,
Canadian Heritage Information Network
(819) 994-1200 X 239

Brad Van Orden <Brad.VanOrden () navius com>
Sent by: firewall-wizards-admin () nfr com
03/14/02 07:41 AM