Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Annoying pop-ups

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:05:49 -0500 (EST)

Gregory,

I'm sorry if you took my statements to be M$ bashing, though I have
pounded them in the past, and might well do so in the future, my comments
were meant to be far more general in nature, geared towards "vendors" in
general.  With a pointer at those offering wireless toys and trinkets.  Of
course, if a service is/needs to be turned on by default, it should be
clearly identified and explained in the accompanying documentation, with
clearly marked out links to further web based info, rather then forcing
the less technical to get smart and learn how to locate the information.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne