Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Tunnel intruder

From: Irwin Lazar <ILazar () burtongroup com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 18:24:09 -0600

Most of the enterprises we work with employ VPN clients that use compulsory
tunnels.  Once the VPN client connects, all other traffic in and out of the
computer is blocked.  This, by the way, is also our best practice
recommendation.

There are of course plenty of companies who don't follow this approach.  To
answer your question, no, I don't know of a specific incident.

irwin

------
Irwin Lazar
Practice Manager, Burton Group
www.burtongroup.com <http://www.burtongroup.com>
ilazar () burtongroup com <mailto:ilazar () burtongroup com>
Office: 703-742-9659
Cell: 703-402-4119
"DrivingNetworkEvolution"