Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Cisco PIX config beautifier???

From: "Strydom, Willie" <WStrydom () fnb co za>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 08:08:29 +0200

cisco does have a gui (yuk) but I read somewhere that the guys that make
firewallbuilder for iptables has also written a Pix version, Firewallbuilder
is ok, so I reacon the gui should be, just remember, a Fw1 rulset is way
different to a PIX, as acls are per interface and not globaly, so the pix
gui might be large and slooow. That is my experiance with cisco's anyway.

CLI Rules, specially since 6.31 supports "| include" and "| grep". Makes
1000's acl entries managable :-))