Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Off Topic: 802.11 Dongles

From: TSimons () Delphi-Tech com
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:48:09 -0400

Hello all

This is a little off topic, but something that could benifit all...  Our
laptop users are pushing for wireless, we'd rather not have to support every
dongle thats out there.  We're thinking compromize, we buy the dongle and
set it up, the end user matches the WEP setting on their WAP.

As long as everything matches for the WEP settings and the dongle is 802.11
compliant.  Does anyone have any suggestions of dongles that will work with
an WAP base?

Thanks,
~Todd

Todd M. Simons
Senior MIS Engineer
Dell Tier 1 PA Technician
Delphi Technology, Inc.
New Brunswick, NJ

"whatever is worth doing is worth doing well"
"Take everything seriously, nothing personally"
"Failure is not an option" - M. M.