Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

ipsec nat transversal

From: SimonChan () lifeisgreat com sg
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:27:08 +0800

Hi fellow wizards,

I have this situaton here :

I have an existing Firewall / VPN gateway and we have remote users vpn
client connecting to it.

We are in the process of putting an additional firewall in front of the
existing firewall.
If both Firewalls are running NAT, can the remote vpn client connect to the
2nd Firewall.

I understand that the term "ipsec Nat transversal" function is required on
the 1st firewall
in order to allow IPSec traffic to pass through.

Is that Correct ?

tks.

Rgds,

Simon

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION :
The email is only for the use of the person or entity to whom it is
addressed and contains information that is privileged and confidential. If
you, the reader of this email are not the intended recipient, any
distribution, copying or dissemination of this email is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the
sender immediately by return email and delete this email. Thank you. Please
visit our website at http://www.lifeisgreat.com.sg.