Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: installing ISA server behind PIX firewall

From: "George J. Jahchan" <Firewall-Wizards () Compucenter org>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:06:56 +0200

You can use ISA two ways: as an http cache only (one NIC) or as an http
cache + NAT/Firewall (two or more NICs, one LAN, one WAN + DMZ if
applicable).

As shown in the diagram, it has two NICs, one connecting to the LAN and
another to the PIX. By setting up your browser to auto-detect proxy you
will be able to browse. But to access winsock services through ISA, you
need to install the firewall client (from a network share on the ISA
Server) on every host that needs such access.