Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FW-1 NG management interface on Linux

From: "Chris Hummel" <chris_hummel () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 21:26:26 -0400

If you prefer Linux over Solaris, you should inquire about Check Point's SecurePlatform OS. Based upon a hardened version of Linux, they quietly rolled this out around the time NG came out. I have worked with this and it is a breeze to get it up and running - less than 10 minutes. Performance is said to very good as well. Internal sources have hinted at the next release (SecurePlatform FP4) as being the Nokia IPSO 'killer'... Not sure what they have up their sleeves, but it will be a welcome addition to the current offerings in the marketplace. Good luck.

Chris

Hi there,

I'm managing FW-1 NG and i would like to throw MS win out of the window.

The question is: does the management interface exist on Linux (e.g. RedHat)?

Thanks,

Maxx

   Lines below are "the price to pay"  for a free service of a commercial
ISP

--

Sponsor:
Viaggiare in aereo spendendo poco non è un sogno perchè Sterling fa dei tuoi sogni realtà, clicca subito