Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Clients cant access pix w/ vpn from behind nat devices using the newest cisco client.

From: Vincent Martin <VMartin () 4service net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:01:20 -0400

I am having some problems connecting to a pix firewall vpn connection using
the cisco client when the clients are behind a nat device to the internet.
Is there a way to let them connect without giving them a routable ip address
or modifying there routers at all?  Have any of you ever had to get past
this problem?  Is it possible to get past this problem?  I am new to pix but
I have done some research.  It seems that we need version 6.3 of the OS and
that possibly doing nat traversal would help.  All this is configured
though.  Any help would be great.  Thanks a lot.