Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

CISCO VPN Concentrator and setting MTU per VPN Connection

From: Wade Burgett <wadeb () burgettsys com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:04:47 -0700

I'm working one end of a VPN performance problem that seems to be MTU and fragmentation related. My end is a CISCO Hardware VPN 3002 client. The other end is a CISCO VPN Concentrator. I recommended lowering the MTU setting on both ends and then testing. But the admin on the VPN Concentrator end just told me it is impossible to change the MTU for a paritcular tunnel, that you can only change the MTU for all the tunnels, and there are several other remote sites.

Is this true?  Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Wade

--
Wade Burgett