Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Stop using dorkslayers.com RBLs now

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:32:39 -0400 (EDT)

I was wondering how long before someone mentioned some of the snippityness
of verisign lately.  They seem to be upset over the use of the
geektools.com and thur.de whois querying tools:

-- From: whois.networksolutions.com:43

NOTICE AND TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our
WHOIS
database through the use of high-volume, automated, electronic processes.
The
Data in Network Solutions' WHOIS database is provided by Network Solutions
for information
purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information about or
related
to a domain name registration record. Network Solutions does not guarantee
its accuracy.

it was broken for a short time, then apprently fixed, not sure if this fix
was on the verisign end of the thur/geektools side.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne