Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Stanford break in

From: Luca Berra <bluca () comedia it>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 19:05:01 +0200

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 01:10:59PM -0400, R. DuFresne wrote:

Network synced passwords are the only way to manage a large number of users. If you have 10 workstations and 1 server, it might be fine to have no network directory, but with 300,000 users, I would say it's impossible. I would consider: LDAP, NDS, AD, SecureID, RADIUS, TACACS. (notice the conspicuous absence of NIS, and I wanted to leave out AD, but it seems to be unavoidable these days.

HP made this usless, unless they have finally enabled a shadow setup in
new versions of the OS.  We played the single sing-on game at nortel, and
for 11.11
http://software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=ShadowPassword

included in later releases

--