Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: smtp proxy on firewall

From: jseymour () linxnet com (Jim Seymour)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:48:11 -0500 (EST)

Christopher Hicks <chicks () chicks net> wrote:

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, stephane nasdrovisky wrote:
postfix (full feature smtp server but seems stronger than sendmail)

We've just started switching some of our MX's over to postfix and I must
say that I've been pleased with the experience.  But regardless of whether
you're moving to postfix or stuck on sendmail the next advise I felt was
less good:

comes to mind (with amavis & spamassasin, you'll have your anti-spam
feature you diserved for years).

Use MailScanner!**
[snip]

Does MailScanner still operate by moving stuff around in Postfix'
queues behind Postfix' back?  If so: Postfix' author, Wietse Venema,
specifically recommends against using it.

Jim