Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Allowing relay through Watchguard Firebox 1000

From: Frederick M Avolio <fred () avolio com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 14:38:17 -0500

At 12:49 PM 2/21/2004 -0600, Bob Alberti wrote:
(I am also willing to replace the Watchguard SMTP proxy with non-stateful
port-redirect to the mail server and let the mail server manage the whole
relaying question...)

Just an observation: this is how it starts. :-)

Someone NEEDS to send e-mail from their telephones (for goodness sake!) and so we will consider replacing an application gateway/proxy server with a pass-through to the e-mail server. Does the e-mail server do everything the security policy requires?

Have you asked on the Watchguard Users mailing list?

I recommend looking at the Firebox logs to see what is triggering this. You do not know yet what the Firebox is seeing, so you don't know why it is generating this error.

Fred
Avolio Consulting, Inc.
Weblog: http://www.avolio.com/weblog/
AIM: fmavolio, Yahoo Messenger: avolio, MSN Messenger: fred () avolio com
PGP Key Fingerprint:    928D 0903 934F 8CFA 6124
                        BBF6 0B45 93C7 3521 CEA0