Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

multiple inside subnets on pix501

From: "anth jaz" <antsoundz () eudoramail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 07:32:41 -0800

I have a PIX 501 that I would like to have 2 separate subnets on
the inside interface. I want one subnet for LAN & WAN traffic and
the other for VPN traffic. I now the routers support subinterfaces
but I am not sure if the PIX 501 supports it. I am now currently at 6.3.(1).

The reason I am doing this is because I already have my network
configured and working on an internal network of 10.10.10.0 /24
and I need to create a site-to-site vpn with another company and
they also have 10.10.10.0 /24. I only have about 6 computers I need
to go through. I don't need the PIX to route the addresses internally.
I can just add another nic if needed. I wanted to create another
subnet 10.10.20.0 /24 and have all the 10.10.20.0 /24 go through the VPN.

Thanks for any help.

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com