Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Multiple MAC address on one interface

From: Jason <jason () jasonandjessi com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 10:12:25 -0500 (CDT)

Give linux vlans a shot.  You can specify a MAC addy per vlan and I know
a lot of work has been done with the vlan support to make sure that dhcp
works.

--
       Jason
www.jasonandjessi.com

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 chicks () chicks net wrote:

I'm dealing with a hard headed Cable ISP that won't give out additional
IP's unless there's a unique MAC for each.  (what a crock!)  Eventually
the plan is to hang five boxes off this connection (for development
purposes) and it'd be much simpler to only have to deal with the wanky
cable company once.  I could put five NIC's in a box, but that seems a
waste of hardware (and would require using a couple of expensive
dual-interface NIC's).  So, is there some cheap way to have one NIC
respond to multiple MAC addresses?  I'm most comfortable with Linux, but
if I needed to use BSD or something else I'd be willing to do that.