Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Certification (was Re:Vulnerability Response)

From: "Crissup, John (MBNP is)" <John.Crissup () us millwardbrown com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:21:20 -0500

The problem with certification is that many times
that is the only thing that HR pesonnel have to go by.

  When I last applied for an NT admin position, the HR department for the
company was insisting that I have an A+ certification.  My MCSE wasn't
sufficient for them, had to be an A+.  I told them I would call them back,
ran out that afternoon and took the A+ exam.  Called them back on my way
home from the testing center and told them I was now MCSE *and* A+
certified.  :)

  As for difference between junior and senior, I've always argued that the
junior guy knows what button to push to accomplish a specific task.  But,
the senior guy understands the ramifications of pushing that button and how
to recover if it blows up in his face.

individual or organisation to whom it is addressed. Any opinions or
advice presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the Millward Brown Group of Companies.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this email, you should not copy, modify,
distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender and delete this email
from your system. Although this email has been checked for viruses
 and other defects, no responsibility can be accepted for any loss or
damage arising from its receipt or use.