Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Exchange & Blackberry

From: "Claussen, Ken" <Ken () kccweb com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:46:02 -0400

I would suggest Goodlink compared to Blackberry. It communicates via
3DES with the portable devices for good communication security. It also
supports a wider array of client devices. As well as Two Way
communication from the client devices.
For exchange I would suggest a Front-end  back-end architecture with the
Front End in the DMZ. Front end hosts OWA(DMZ), Back end has mailbox
store(LAN). Then the Sonic must be configured to allow the two to
communicate. The Front end also acts as an outbound mail relay. I would
suggest a Virus/Spam scanning Inbound mail relay, there are many vendors
so I will leave this decision up to the reader. These come in many
flavors (Windows, Unix, Linux, Proprietary, etc) and should be chosen
based on the skill set of the person who will administer the device and
the features (RBL, Bayesian filters, Rules, Etc) required by the
organization. HTH.

Ken Claussen MCSE (NT42K) CCNA CCA
"In Theory it should work as you describe, but the difference between
theory and reality is the truth! For this we all strive"