Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Multiple small switches vs. a single big one

From: Mike Hoskins <mike () adept org>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 00:02:05 -0800 (PST)

At 01:36 PM 3/2/2004 -0500, Sloane, David wrote:
Can anyone with some good Cisco depth rebut these assumptions about a
6500-series switch "losing it's configuration?"

i've seen cisco's do it.  i've seen extreme's do it.  i haven't seen
foundry's do it, but i'm sure they do.  (if i was a betting man, i'd put
money on it.)  murphy is always with us.  the question is, if you can
choose an architecture which mitigates such an event...  is the cost worth
it given your requirements?