Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

how prevelant

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 15:05:59 -0400 (EDT)

how common is it for a company to have it's NT domain and novell
athentication pass openly across the internet, and have this be the
requirement to access VPN tunnel rights from outside into the company?

The firewalls I manage keep all windows related protocols in the 135-139,
445 and 5000 ports arenas internal only, none f this traffic passes
outside the firewalls, none is allowedto pass outside, unltess tunneled.
Is this not a standard practise with any org with half a clue of security,
or am I being more tightfisted with access and control then is the norm?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
--
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!