Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

checkpoint problems w/ linux rpc

From: "avraham shir-el (arthur sherman)" <avraham () jct ac il>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:27:34 +0200

we have both solaris and linux stations on subnet x , and nis server on subnet y.

only the solaris stations succeed in authenticating to the nis server.

Our firewall vendor found a documented bug that firewall drops RPC
   packets over TCP.  According to him, our Solaris clients use RPC over
   UDP, but the Linux ones use RPC over TCP.  He tried to apply the
   suggested patch, but that did not help.

nis (not nis+) server in running on solaris 9 as are the solaris stations
our linux stations are various versions of rh and fedora

we're running checkpoint ng r55 w/ applic intelligence

any of you run into this (and solve it!) ?

any hints would be greatly appreciated.
tnx
ams