Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Log checking?

From: "Desai, Ashish" <Ashish.Desai () fmr com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:27:24 -0400

I would recommend you also look at your web proxy logs.
Especially for 'CONNECT' method (which is an SSL connection).
There are too many people who have figured out how to
ab(use) it. We are now also starting to see VPN software
that is going to start using that method and at that point
its pretty much game over.

We have found very interesting things when CS interns start
working at our company and they start using this channel to
get to the outside. Besides its a lot of fun looking at
what people are querying at google ;-)

Ashish