Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Pass-through VPN

From: "Melson, Paul" <PMelson () sequoianet com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:51:32 -0400

-----Original Message-----
I have a quick question about what I need to do on a PIX 515
to get VPN traffic to pass through it. I have done the rest
of the setup on this box but I want to make sure that this
part is running correctly when I install it. Any help would
be very much appreciated.

<PASTE> That all depends. </PASTE>

Is this a site-to-site or client tunnel?  Is the traffic originating
inside or outside the firewall?  Is it PPTP, L2TP, or IPSec/ISAKMP (or
SKIP, if you're a BorderManager user)?  Is the PIX a termination point
for other VPN connections?  All of these effect how you need to
configure the PIX.

PaulM