Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: VPNmadness gets more support;

From: "Dave Piscitello" <dave () corecom com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 13:30:35 -0500

And the alternative is, "send everything in clear text?", or the ever-
popular, "don't connect!" Pure drivel.

It seems that all this report confirms is that, given choices for
identity and authentication, people will always choose poorly.

The reason VPNs come under fire is that they've been overhyped and as
a result, what the technologies actually do accomplish is undermined
by the unrealistic expectations any "panacea" accrues.