Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: VPN Tunnel Stalling

From: "Paul Melson" <psmelson () comcast net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:43:04 -0500

What version of the VPN 3000 software is running on your concentrator, and
what type and rev. is the remote endpoint?

I saw a similar issue in the wild a couple years back with a 3015 running
one of the 3.x releases (afraid I can't be more specific - it was too long
ago) and a PIX running 6.2 where after about 24 hours (perhaps not
coincidentally the key exchange lifetime), the tunnel would go quiet.
Administratively disconnecting the tunnel at either end and then passing
matching traffic would bring the tunnel back up, as would restarting either
device.  The resolution was to upgrade the 3015's software.

PaulM