Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: How to Secure Windows? was How to Save the World

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:52:29 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Barney Wolff wrote:

While it was clearly unethical (and unlawful) to charge clients for
installing fwtk, I did not consider it unethical to advise them to
do so, where there were sysadmins perfectly capable of doing it for
themselves.  I did not mean that I stood next to them while they
did it, which I agree would have been weaseling.

There were lots of firewall-weasels!

Often it seems that people will go to great lengths to do what they can
get away with, rather than what they should do.  It's my favorite soapbox
at the moment, so I couldn't resist a chance to hop on up... ;)

A decade later, that code is still running.

But it doesn't have a cute GUI interface!

Paul