Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Multiple firewalls from different manufactureres

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () center osis gov>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:59:12 -0500

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 06:27:02PM +0000, Keith A. Glass wrote:
My point was, you CAN build reliable firewalling solution that does not cost a LOT of money.  ...

Quite true, and apologies if I was too picky in insisting that "not a
lot" is not the same as "free".  That I am a mathematician by birth and
training is sometimes painfully obvious.  ;-)

And yes, Gauntlet HAS disappeared, merging with Sidewinder and showing up as the "Sidewinder G-2" software on
Secure's Firewall appliance (a 1-U Dell Box running a cut-down version of some flavor of BSD. . .and costing far more
than it should. . .)

Also true, except that NAI briefly owned it before selling it to SCC to
strip for parts to add to its existing "Sidewinder" appliance.  And if
anyone wants to Google, IIRC it's "G2" instead of "G-2".

;-]

--
Joe Yao