Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PIX stateful failover and crossover cables

From: Dave Breiland <superdave () dynamicis com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:09:20 -0800

See if this is what you were looking for...
(watch for line wrapping) + ( login required )
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008017279b.html#wp1048755

Thanks,
Dave

mkrbeck () hushmail com wrote:

I recall reading a detailed technical paper recently on the cisco site where it was recommended that pix stateful interface traffic always be passed thru a switch (as opposed to a x-over cable) between a pair of pix chassis, regardless of whether the deployment is serial cable or LAN failover, however I cannot find it again, would anyone have a link for it or a copy ??

thanks
Martyn Beck

Promote security and make money with the Hushmail Affiliate Program: http://www.hushmail.com/about-affiliate?l=427