Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Intel vs. special purpose FW-1 servers

From: "Paul Melson" <pmelson () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:19:00 -0400

Starting with NG-AI, Check Point has its own clustering capability.  And,
with some rare but painful exceptions, it works with a typical default
switch configuration.  No need for Nokia, Nortel, or software-based HA.

For all intents and purposes SecurePlatform causes your x86 hardware to act
as an appliance.  (It's just a stripped down RPM-based Linux distro, but
Nokia/IPSO is BSD, so...)

PaulM