Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Access to firewalled server via dhcp'd internet connection

From: jseymour () linxnet com (Jim Seymour)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:40:20 -0400 (EDT)

"Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net> wrote:

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Michael wrote:

How do I access my server through my firewall with a sourced dynamic IP
address????

1.  Open the firewall.
2.  Get on 6bone if your firewall supports IPv6 and get a block of
addresses, use a v4-v6 gateway and statically assign a v6 address.
3.  Use a proxy at a fixed address- such as a VPS at a hosting provider.
4.  Port knocking.

5. Even most cable companies and ILECs offer something resembling
   "business class" broadband.  While generally not up to the standards
   most experienced network professionals would truly regard as
   "business class," they do provide a more-or-less "static" IP address
   assignment.  You can look to paying $80 - $100 per month, last I
   checked.

Jim
--
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/scform.php>.