Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Info Request: Looking for alternatives in HA/Load balancing firewalls ...

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () ranum com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:56:12 -0400

Pardon me for working in a program with evolving requirements!

Hey, nothing personal; it's just that you surely know that any
design advice you get in advance of well-understood requirements
is just going to be foy your own entertainment.

I've been involved with loads of projects where the requirements
change/aren't understood/bloat like a tick when the project
leader's back is turned, etc. They've all been disasters, but I'm
sure it's just coincidence. You've definitely got my sympathy,
which is worth about as much as a stateful deep packet
inspection firewall. ;)

mjr.