Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FW appliance comparison - Seeking input for the forum

From: Devdas Bhagat <devdas () dvb homelinux org>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:27:47 +0530

On 29/01/06 21:44 -0500, R. DuFresne wrote:
<snip>

A NIDS, or a HIDS is a part of the above, but is definitely not sufficient
by itself.

I've seen this offered asa more total solution, LURQH <sp?!> does this as
core to their MSSP offering, but I have not seen any IDS/NIDS/HIDS that
truly goes that  far.  You have pointers to products that provided log
analysis as well as traffic monitoring for anomalies?

As a single product? No. Personally, I would like lots of little
products which do one thing right each, and which can be combined to
give the whole picture.

Devdas Bhagat