Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: X server in a Firewall

From: Cat Okita <cat () reptiles org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:53:54 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
Indeed; if your firewall rulesets change so often that you find it
onerous to walk down the hall to the console, then your firewall
ruleset is changing too often, which probably means you are
already in a state of screwed.

Down the hall?  Must be nice.  I'm thinking "to another continent".

Frankly while I agree that firewall management should be done out of
band, there are certainly situations where physical access is not a
straightforward means of out of band access - and the environment is
legitimately dynamic.

cheers!